Shale Resource Evaluation
Shale Resource Evaluations have become one of the top INEXS core competencies over the recent decade. The INEXS evaluation includes:
- Our reserve analysis process includes basin wide and field specific studies of production trends correlated to geology.
- For unconventional basins, the development of the most applicable type curve is crucial.
- Because of changes in porosity and hydrocarbon phase, many areas in the U.S. require multiple type curves to accurately project recoverable reserves.
- Understanding trends in drilling and completion technology is a key component of reserve analysis and type curve generation. INEXS has developed strong correlations that suggest changes to well and completion design are directly responsible for increasing EUR in almost every major on-shore basin in the US.
- The last essential component to accurately estimating recoverable reserves is creating a financial model that reflects future economic assumptions. Commodity price, operating expenses, and marketing are all crucial components of developing the right economic model for a field.
- Adherence to SPEE standards of conventional and unconventional reserve estimation while performing reserve analysis.
In addition, activity updates will be offered every six months to integrate newly released wells, updated production information, and possibly integrate additional 2D seismic data.